Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Documents doesnt appear using qvp - QlikView Server 9

Hi,

This is my first attempt to install QlikView 9 components - Enterprise, Server & IE plugin. Followed the QlikView server 9 installation instructions as per the manual. License is applied and I can see the CAL acquired by my machine under QlikView Management Console. For testing, I mounted a folder which has a .qvw document. The document was created and saved using QlikView 8.2. Now I am trying to access this document using QlikView 9 IE plugin. Typed qvp://<machine_name> in IE address bar. The Connect to Server box shows up, but I dont see the mounted folder or any document in there. Can someone please help me figure out what might be missing during the installation process?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

When you are using DMS, you have a choice of specifying each user or you can set "Anonymous" so that all authenticated users will get access to the document - this is the way that DMS has always worked. If you previously "just installed" QVS then it would have installed with the default NT authentication and may have operated as you suggest.

Regards,

Stephen

View solution in original post

10 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

What user is running your QlikView Server? A local or domain user?

The problem could be if you are using a local service user, the DS goes to try and authenticate your domain account and then can't because it doesn't have access to your active directory.

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Local user is running the QlikView Server

So in this case, what options do I have to fix this issue?!

Per QVS manual page 171(as below), I went ahead and added read privileges for the mounted folder to IQVS_name user. But still no luck... We dont use NT based security for user authentication. And DMS Authorization is selected in QVS management console.

anonymous user account
When the QlikView Server is started for the first time on a machine an
account will be created for anonymous users. The account will be named
IQVS_name where name is the name of the machine in the local network.
If the machine in question is a domain server, the anonymous account will be
created as a domain account or it will be a local machine account.
Each folder and file that should be available from anonymous clients must
be given read privileges to the anonymous account.
Note It is important to start QlikView Server and thereby let it create the
anonymous account before any attempt is made to grant privileges. You must
not try to create the anonymous account yourself!

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If you are using DMS, have you granted your user access to the file in the "Authorization" section?

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Isnt "Authorization" come after the "Authentication"? May be I am confused, but till 8.5, I could just install the QV server, mount a folder, add a document and start accessing by qvp:// url. Of course, I would need to pass userid when accessing the document. We dont keep passwords in QlikView's section access. So all our documents has "*" added as part of the Password field in section access.

If it is necessary to add each individual user for each individual .qvw file in the authorization section, then we will have to add 200 users in 20 documents!

By the way, for testing purpose, I did add my userid in authorization for the test qvw, but still cant see it when accessed using qvp:// in IE. When Connect to Server box popped up, I selected Alternate Identity and specified userid and clicked Connect again. Then it asked for Password, but thats not setup in any of the section access of our qvw files. So just specified some random password and clicked ok. Got some http tunneling error at the end.. Confused

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

When you are using DMS, you have a choice of specifying each user or you can set "Anonymous" so that all authenticated users will get access to the document - this is the way that DMS has always worked. If you previously "just installed" QVS then it would have installed with the default NT authentication and may have operated as you suggest.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

I just read the details on QVS manual pages 53,54 and was able to fix it after adding "Anonymous" user to the document under Authorization tab. Phew! Thanks a lot!

One final question (sorry!) - Do I have to add "Anonymous" to each individual document or is there a generic setting under QVS console that will apply to all the documents?

Thanks again...

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Yes, you need to add the DMS authorization to all documents.

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

andyw715,

Here my configuration in the qemc for the security tab :

Authentication
ClientsAnonymous Account
Always Anonymous
Allow Anonymous
Prohibit Anonymous
-->On Domain
-->On Local Computer
Authorization
NTFS Authorization (Windows controls file access)
DMS Authorization (QlikView controls file access)
Directory Service Connector URL
http://localhost:4730/qtds.asmx
Miscellaneous
Allow Dynamic Data Update
Allow Macro Execution on Server
Allow Unsafe Macro Execution on Server
Allow Admin Using Name and Password
Enable Server Push over HTTP Tunnels
Compress network Traffic
AlternateBuildNumber

AlternateDocumentRoot

I don't know if I forgot something in this tab, With this configuration I see nothing in the qlikview client.

When I change DMS to NTFS I see all examples applications.

I don't use publisher too.

Perhaps, I must change the "directory service connector URL"?

In the User documents tab I have this configuration :

Server settingsAuthorizationDocument InformationReload
-->
Recipents
Name Access
DOMAIN\GroupAdmin Always "

In Bold, the options which were checked.

Is it possible to help me and tell me where I have forgot something?

Regards,

Loic

Not applicable
Author

Loic,

My config looks very similar to yours. I do have an entry in the Active Directory part of the Directory Service Connector. Make sure the user running the Qlikview services is a domain admin.

-Andy