Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Documents doesnt appear using qvp - QlikView Server 9

Hi,

This is my first attempt to install QlikView 9 components - Enterprise, Server & IE plugin. Followed the QlikView server 9 installation instructions as per the manual. License is applied and I can see the CAL acquired by my machine under QlikView Management Console. For testing, I mounted a folder which has a .qvw document. The document was created and saved using QlikView 8.2. Now I am trying to access this document using QlikView 9 IE plugin. Typed qvp://<machine_name> in IE address bar. The Connect to Server box shows up, but I dont see the mounted folder or any document in there. Can someone please help me figure out what might be missing during the installation process?

Thanks in advance!

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen,

In your reply you suggest that each user must be added individually; however, the manual (pages 53/54) suggests that AD groups can be used for authorization when connecting to Active Directory using DMS.

Do you know if AD groups can be authorized to view a document on a QlikView 9 server? If so, can you point me to some extra documentation for setting this up; if not, do you know if that fact is documented anywhere?

With regards,

Martijn ter Schegget

PS: the issue I'm trying to solve is in this thread. Maybe when we've sorted it all out, one of us should write a wiki article on setting up AD authentication/authorization?