Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Documents not being shown to users despite having access to them

Hi all,

I've been reading the discussions about documents not being displayed to users, but I think my case is different.

I'm using QVS 10 SR3 on a W2K8R2 server and QVWeb Server

Windows authentication

here is the issue:

we have all the .qvw documents on the Public Data/AccessPoint Documents folder with the access permissions set for each QVUsers group we have set in our AD, representing each of our clients.

however, we have one particular client, with the same settings as any other client, but no document is displayed to its users.

Say:

CLIENT

|

+ Users

|

+ User one

User one is member of CLIENT and CLIENTQVUsers groups

The Client_Dashboard.qvw file has CLIENTQVUsers access set to READ, but when logging in, "No Documents" is displayed.

My Account can access them.

we do not use CLIENT group to give access to the document, because not every user of the Client has, so we set the XQVUsers groups

Any help will be greately appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Daniel

I did try that, and even resubmitted the document load several times.

The document was reloaded one day after, and the access was restored. Weird.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I've seen issues when permissions were set to groups, you should try setting them to individual users and see if that works.

I've also seen windows issues, when groups or users ids were being encrypted or something and that was causing issues, try sharing the folder or log to the server as one of those users and see if users can see those files.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Daniel

I did try that, and even resubmitted the document load several times.

The document was reloaded one day after, and the access was restored. Weird.