Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dowloading a Large Application from the Access Point

Hi,

I would appreciate help with a distribution challenge we are facing.  The application that we are creating is quite large (94 MB).  This application needs to be distributed to my mobile work force on a daily basis.  The issue is that the users are complaining about the amount of time it takes to download the application.  In some cases the users acually need to download the application wirelessly which only adds to the slowness of the download.  Whereever possible we have reduced the application to what is absolutely necessary for each user but there is a small group of users who need to entire application and we have not found a way to satisfy there need to download and use the application.

I am new to Qlikview so please excuse me if this question has been answered before.  Thank you very much for any help that you can provide on this.

Best regards,

R

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Yikes, so it is a network issue then right? I don't think QVS is the culprit.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

94MB is not particularly large for a QV app. If it's taking your users a long time to download, that probably means that your server's internet connection speed is slow...run some speed tests and see if you can optimize it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

Thank you very much for the reply.  We retested based on your reply.  I can now verify that the download of a single 94MB file happens fairly quickly (less than one minute in the LAN, about four minute wirelessly).  The actual problem that we are dealing with is when multiple users are downloading the application at the same time.  We need to support the download of up to ten concurrent downloads of the 94MB application.  In these conditions performance falls dramatically (3 minutes in the LAN, more than 30 Minutes wireless). 

Regards,

R

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Yikes, so it is a network issue then right? I don't think QVS is the culprit.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

I have refered this to my infrastructure team for review.  I will revert when they respond.  Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

R

Not applicable
Author

Vlad,

It does appear that the issue is that the wireless network does not support the number of concurrent downloads that we were trying to do.  In actual usage users will download using their own wireless equipment. In testing we will not attempt to download multiple applications concurrently in the company netwok.  I agree that this is not a Qlikview issue.  Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

R