Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Download a file with section access

Hi,

I've a document with section access based on NTNAME. This document is published in the accesspoint.

There is a user that connects to the access point typing her NTUser and password and downloads the document.

Then, this user open the document file with the desktop client.

The problem is that the desktop client doesn't allow to open the document and says that she has no rights to open the document.

I suppose that the desktop client checks the user of her laptop and the NTNAME of the section access. But she is loged into her laptop like another user.

Is there any way to open the file from the desktop client as another NTUser?

Or is any other way to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Kim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Kim

For the users that open it using NTNAME, you can use * on USERID and PASSWORD    

(please, make a backup before experimenting with sections access)

Regards,

Erich

View solution in original post

4 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Kim

If this is your case, you should add this another user in section access or adapt your section access to work with other fields. For example, USERID and PASSWORD. In this case, QV would ask for a user and password that the user can type.

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich,

Thanks for your answer,

I can not use this solution, because this user is an exception of the rule.

Using NTNAME most of the users log into their documents into the accesspoint without typing any user and password.

If I add USERID and PASSWORD all users will need to type a USERID and a PASSWORD.

Regards,

Kim

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Kim

For the users that open it using NTNAME, you can use * on USERID and PASSWORD    

(please, make a backup before experimenting with sections access)

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich,

It works.

I've experimented with a test document. Before doing anything with a real document I'll do a backup.

Thanks for the answer and thanks for the advice.