Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

E-mailing analysis using Publisher

Hi, All.

Is it possible to send e-mail with some kind of analysis (table, dash, chart), using only the Publisher?

For example, I want every night after reload, send throug e-mail a revenue analysis to each region manager. So, besides the e-mailing, it's important that the manager see only your respective region.

If it's possible, depends on version of the publisher?

Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Publisher Reference Manual

page 27

Email Distribution Resource

The Email Distribution Resource sends the QlikView document as an attachment

in an email.

The short of it is, you have to configure an email server resource in the control panel.

pg 95 has more info on setting up the email resource.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Publisher Reference Manual

page 27

Email Distribution Resource

The Email Distribution Resource sends the QlikView document as an attachment

in an email.

The short of it is, you have to configure an email server resource in the control panel.

pg 95 has more info on setting up the email resource.

Not applicable
Author

Karl,

If I have only web users, how they will use a qvw? Is it possible to view the charts/images in the email itself?

Publisher standard or enterprise or both?

Anyway, I'll see the Reference Manual

Thanks again.

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Nope it only attaches the actual qvws Sad

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

The rumor I've heard is that QlikView version 9 will let you email individual charts, and also that this is an extra feature that requires a higher license fee. I could easily be wrong about either part of this, though. I'm hardly a QV9 insider. Haven't even poked at it yet.

Edit: Another option, though outside of Publisher, would be to automatically dump images out of the QlikView. Rob Wunderlich has been working on that, and posted about it at the link below. I haven't played with the latest version of it, but I've been using an alpha version of his code, if you can call it that.

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/16749/68637.aspx#68637

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

lsavio wrote:Is it possible to view the charts/images in the email itself?

QVS9 has an optional (chargeable) feature that allows for distributing QV Reports in PDF format directly from Publisher tasks. Reduction is supported just as it is with qvws.

-Rob