Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.
I have written a batch script to trigger the QMC Task in QV 11.2 SR5, using the QMS API.
This is the batch script,
<QMSEDX.exe Path> -task = <Task name> -password = <password>
Exit /B %errorlevel%.
This batch script will run when the DWH process is completed from Atrium trigger. And this will trigger the QMC reload task.
This is working fine but it is giving a errorlevel "1" instead of 0 and showing error on Atrium side. How can i figure out what is the error here?
Does the reload finish successfully (should be seen inside QMC)?
Is this errorcode something by Atrium, the QMSEDX program or QMC?
Yes, the QMC reload finished successfully without any error.
The error is recorded on Atrium side because, the batch file (%errorlevel%) which Atrium job is triggering, is returning errorlevel 1.
Make sure you are testing this in the latest version of QlikView to ensure no bugs about the QMC API is present. If the reload is working fine then the QMC is doing it's job. Check if the QMSEDX program works fine without Atrium.
Yes we are using Qlikview 11.2 SR5. Also, i tried running the batch script manually without the Atrium triggering the job. Log file created by the batch file is showing errorlevel as 1.
So, how can i check the working of QMSEDX in any other way? Any suggestions?
Are you sure it is just not waiting to be executed again? According to the error codes that is the case. See braathen/qv-edx-trigger · GitHub for more info.
You can use this program:
Sourcecode is also attached
Replace Client.Credential.UserName with your windows user and replace the password with the password of the user
2. Change QMS ip
3. If no password on task remove this by just ""
Then call the exe file in a prompt followed by reportname.qvw
Once the batch file is run, immediately the QMC job is starting and running without any errors. But i get a errorlevel 1 in the log file.
Interestingly, if there is a error in the batch file, then the log file is giving a errorlevel 0. I am pretty sure that it is not waiting on to be executed again.
Here are the batch file (calling QMSEDX task) i use and the other batch file i used to call the actual batch file and the log file formed.
Thanks Thomas. This is what i have been using and not sure why it is returning an errorlevel '1'
This is a modified version i have made myself, so i think it should be different. Try it out.