Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

EDX triggers ... Task completion in server 1 should trigger the task in Server 2

Dear All,

Suppose we have got 2 different qlikview Servers with 2 different licensed QMC.. although both the servers are in the same network. Now, some of the daily qlik tasks are scheduled in Server 1 and some of them are scheduled in Server 2.

However, some tasks in Server 2 are dependent on task running in Server1. Hence, those tasks are not automatically scheduled in Server 2 and are run manually daily after checking if the related qvds and the dependent tasks are done in Server 1(these qvds are stored in server 2 while Storing).

Now, how can I automate this and trigger the tasks in QMC  of Server 2 as soon as the tasks scheduled in Server 1 are done for the day?
I have Qlikview licensed Publisher latest on both

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I don't think your system is setup to optimize the publishers. I would be running a QDS cluster doing a distribution to the two QVS. They what you want to do will work without anything special.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

On Server 1, define a Supporting Task that launches QMSEDX Enhanced at the end of the task chain and whenever control should be passed to the task chain counterpart on Server 2. QMSEDX should be configured to trigger the first task on Server 2. On Server 2, add an extra trigger of type "triggered by an external event" to the first task in the second task chain.

That way, Publisher 1 will pass control to Publsher 2 whenever the first task chain half completes. Not too difficult to set-up.

Best,

Peter

sarangmmehta
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Peter,

Replying on Haimanta's behalf as we're colleagues.

Although on same server we were able to execute task externally, on trying to execute the EDX triggers across Servers we are facing an error. The error in the log states : Error: The process exited with non-zero ExitCode (1).

What could be the reason ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sarang M. Mehta

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, since this is just a message from the CMD shell, it could really mean anything. More or less the same as "It didn't work..."

In the command line, can you dump the QMSEDX output to a log file by redirecting all output to a text file? QMSEDX will provide sufficient details to figure out what went wrong. Make sure that you switch execution to verbose mode.

Most probably,something is wrong with accounts, permissions or configuration.

Peter