Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Emailing specific selection

I have a requirement where user would select level and then user should be able to send report in excel form to the selected level of person

Example lets say there are 10 Managers and each manager has 5 employes and these 10 managers are distributed in 5 senior managers.

If I select level as Senior Manager and select name of the Senior manager then an excel should be generated with All the manager and the employess under that manager and should be emailed to Senior manager since level selected was Senior Manager.

No w if i select names of 2 different Senior managers  then  2 mails should be generated and send to each indiviual manager with there respective managers and employees.

This should be done through access point with click of a button .

Please help ASAP.

3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi - QlikView NPRINTING can do this .  Two steps to set this up:

1) Install Nprinting designer and design a report layout right in Excel. Use the existing QVW as a data source for data and presentation layer charting

2) Add the Nprinting ondemand extension button objects into your existing QVW.  Configure the button (properties) to pass parameters and call the repot.

then NO MATTER what selections a user makes, they can get the excel version of that same data  at the click of a button.

You need licenses for QlikView NPRINTING to do this FYI.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for prompt reply. I am not sure if client is willing to buy extra license for Nprinting. Can this be done using a macro?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Yes, you do it using a macro, not so simple, but can be done