Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error: Failed to generate QVW files.. Exception=System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file

Hi!

Anyone that has seen logfile messages like this ?
Everytime i have seen this message in the logfile i know that the publisher is distributing two or more of our biggest documents.

(2012-01-17 05:28:03) Error: Failed to generate QVW files.. Exception=System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\5cc61396-80f0-492f-97a7-9e18bb112e92\document.qvw'.

(2012-01-17 05:28:03) Error: File name: 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\5cc61396-80f0-492f-97a7-9e18bb112e92\document.qvw'

(2012-01-17 05:28:03) Error: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

(2012-01-17 05:28:03) Error: at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

(2012-01-17 05:28:03) Error: at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

(2012-01-17 05:28:03) Error: at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)

(2012-01-17 05:28:03) Error: at QVBWrapper.DocumentPackage.AddFile(String i_PathToFile, String i_StoreAsFileName)

(2012-01-17 05:28:03) Error: at QVBWrapper.Document.GetStream(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, eDocumentType i_DocumentType, String i_URL, Boolean i_ShowToolBar, String i_ReportID)

(2012-01-17 05:28:03) Error: Failed to generate QVW File package.. Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

(2012-01-17 05:28:03) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GrabQVWFile(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FilePackageContainer i_ParentFilePackageContainer, String i_FileName, Dictionary`2 i_DuplicateList, Document i_Document)

/Jimmy

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I encountered a similar error log, but was able to solve it.

The document had section access enabled, but was not yet reloaded with this enablement. I had accidently given the credential that the distribution service runs under user rights instead of admin rights. By setting this user to admin it fixed the error.

In short: make sure that the services under which QlikView does the reload and distribute have sufficient access rights to the QlikView document.

View solution in original post

Not applicable
Author

Qlikview support was able to identify the issue regarding this error with Publisher in Q11 SR1.  Our document state is saved with a Multibox that has the alwaysselected option enabled.  By removing this option, publisher is able to loop-reduce and save the document.   This feature was working fine in Q9 SR7.   The work around for this solution was a macro to select the top value and lock it.  Setting the overide lock on the Multibox gave us the flexibility to change the selection.

Not applicable
Author

As some have already pointed out, for me it was related to disk space.

The available space on the C: drive was less than the size of my qvw so it seems that QV can't actually save the temp file to the folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp

The error message just says "Could not find file" but the real problem seems to be that the temp file could not be created due to disk space limitations.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Installed Q11  first release  in DEV environment without any issues for our Loop&Reduce.  Upgrade to Q11 SR1 on Wednesday, reload worked fine.  Since Thursday getting System.IO.FileNotFoundException, but not on every reload.  Permissions are fine and antivirus disabled.

Did anyone receive an update from Qlikview?

22/03/2012 4:07:40 PMError Failed to generate QVW files.. Exception=System.IO.FileNotFoundException:Could not find file'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\1cee2a61-91fb-4d09-89c0-b34f51518c87\document.qvw'.File name: 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\1cee2a61-91fb-4d09-89c0-b34f51518c87\document.qvw'at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) atSystem.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptionsoptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy,Boolean useLongPath) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode,FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options,String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path,FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,FileOptions options) at QVBWrapper.Document.GetStream(ILogBucket i_LogBucket,eDocumentType i_DocumentType, String i_URL, Boolean i_ShowToolBar, Stringi_ReportID)
22/03/2012 4:07:40 PM Error Failed to generate QVW File package..Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to aninstance of an object. at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GrabQVWFile(ILogBucketi_LogBucket, FilePackageContainer i_ParentFilePackageContainer, Stringi_FileName, Dictionary`2 i_DuplicateList, Document i_Document)
22/03/2012 4:07:41 PM Error The task "Cube LevelFlag3" failed.Exception: QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failedwith errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException:Failed to generate QVW File package.. Exception=System.NullReferenceException:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GrabQVWFile(ILogBucketi_LogBucket, FilePackageContainer i_ParentFilePackageContainer, Stringi_FileName, Dictionary`2 i_DuplicateList, Document i_Document) atQDSMain.DistributeTask.RevertOneAndAlwaysOne(Document qvbDocument) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.ReleaseQvb(DocumentqvbDocument) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName,DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, StringrepeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResultcurrentTaskResult) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- atQDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) atQDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResulttaskResult)

Not applicable
Author

I encountered a similar error log, but was able to solve it.

The document had section access enabled, but was not yet reloaded with this enablement. I had accidently given the credential that the distribution service runs under user rights instead of admin rights. By setting this user to admin it fixed the error.

In short: make sure that the services under which QlikView does the reload and distribute have sufficient access rights to the QlikView document.

Not applicable
Author

Qlikview support was able to identify the issue regarding this error with Publisher in Q11 SR1.  Our document state is saved with a Multibox that has the alwaysselected option enabled.  By removing this option, publisher is able to loop-reduce and save the document.   This feature was working fine in Q9 SR7.   The work around for this solution was a macro to select the top value and lock it.  Setting the overide lock on the Multibox gave us the flexibility to change the selection.

Not applicable
Author

Hello jimmypihl,

That happened here too, check disk space on C:.
I released space and the problem was solved.

I hope I have helped

Not applicable
Author

As some have already pointed out, for me it was related to disk space.

The available space on the C: drive was less than the size of my qvw so it seems that QV can't actually save the temp file to the folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp

The error message just says "Could not find file" but the real problem seems to be that the temp file could not be created due to disk space limitations.

Not applicable
Author

I know some of you already have answered this question but I just faced this issue today and I'd like to confirm:

This error could be cause by (at least) two scenarios:

1) HD (where your server is placed) out of space. The needed space is related to yours application's size.

2) The QlikView user (the one who was created during the QlikView server instalation) has no right to write files

I would suggest try check the number 1 first because is easier to identify

in fact, it's a strange scenario... I strugle a little bit to realize that was only HD space issue.

I hope it safe someone's time

Regards!