Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchovanec
Creator II
Creator II

Error Reloading Extracts

We have our extracts run nightly and they run fine. When we have to update an extract and re-run the extract, it fails. It just gives the "general script error" To get around this we have to delete the .qvd and rerun the extract. Any thoughts or suggestions on why this is happening? Thank for any insight.

6 Replies
Not applicable

Probably because the file exists and there is no if then else statement to handle this when a filename already exists.

tchovanec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It runs every night perfectly fine. The only time they seem to fail is after the have run we make an update to the file that same day and try and rerun the extract.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You doing a manual update to the extracts may set file permissions in such a way that the service account is unable to overwrite the extract(s).

Check Windows permissions.

Peter.

Not applicable

Exactly why i said what I did. Check the load script and the create and store portion for the qvd. You mentioned that you have to delete the qvd and then it runs. Something in your script is trying to handle something and doesnt know what to do in this instance. Thats what my gut is telling me

what you could do is in debug mode run the script for each step. take note of where it fails when their is a qvd (so dont delete it just yet ) and if you need assistance post that next portion of the script here for us to have a look at

tchovanec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Are you suggesting that when changing the qvw it is setting file permissions on the qvd's? What we are doing is opening the qvw, adding a column to an extract, saving the qvw and then running the qvw through the QMC.

tchovanec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok. So I did what you suggested. Below is the scrip that I am running. The QVD currently is on the server and if I rerun it fails on the store. Seems like it can't override the file there.

CLARITY_REFERRAL_STATUS:

SQL SELECT

RFL_STATUS_C

,TITLE

,NAME

FROM zc_rfl_status;

STORE CLARITY_REFERRAL_STATUS INTO $(vStore)CLARITY_REFERRAL_STATUS.QVD(qvd);

drop table CLARITY_REFERRAL_STATUS;