Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Qliktech\DistributionService\1\Temp\aedhdjdkkfajsjsk\eddfsasasddskooka.pdf because it is being used by another process.

Hi,

My task is to distribute a Pdf report to 1600 email id's. when i'm doing with 500 id's more or less, pdf distribution is working fine. If i'm trying to distribute for 1900 simultaneously it giving the above error. I had split my qvw document to 3, each file contains 534 email id's. Sometimes one file with 534 email id's could able distribute successfully in 6 hours, and other two file will run and distribute for few emails. i had set my Number of Qlikview engines simultaneously to 9. And there are no Task dependencies for the Pdf distribution or Print Spooler. I'm not using any Macro for this. Can anyone have any idea to resolve this?

Error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Qliktech\DistributionService\1\Temp\aedhdjdkkfajsjsk\eddfsasasddskooka.pdf because it is being used by another process.

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I haven't a publisher in use and make these things with macros and there you need to use statements like WaitForIdle and Sleep to ensure that the process-step before (calculation from report and storing within the network) is finished before going further - maybe there are similarities by the publisher.

Btw. 534 mails in about 6 hours seems quite long - if the application and their objects are so big? If yes I would consider to consolidate the data to this level which will be used on the report-objects.

- Marcus