Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error: The sourcedocument failed to reload.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Hello guys,

I get the following error in QlikView 9.0:

Error: The sourcedocument failed to reload.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Error: at QlikView.Doc.DoReload(Int32 _Mode, Boolean _Partial, Boolean _Debug)

Error: at QVBWrapper.Document.Reload(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, Boolean i_MonitorQVBCPUUsage, Boolean i_Partial, Boolean i_ReadDocumentLog)

My document reloads fine manually and I have the log from the Server/Publisher reload and it says that it has finished, so the error must be coming right after that, when it tries to save the QVW file, because my QVW file stays as it was before the reload.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the reason?

Greetings,
Iassen

42 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Iassen, did you coped this?

Greetings,

Monika

Not applicable
Author

No Monika, unfortunately I haven't... 😞 I am having someone from QlikTech looking at it though, but it's so strange, because the file will reload on my laptop, but not on the server.

Grrrr....please, let me know if you find anything.

Not applicable
Author

Same problem here... QVS v9 SR3.

Not applicable
Author

Guys,

do you use the Microsoft IIS?

/olli

Not applicable
Author

Did anyone find the root cause or a solution to this issue?

Not applicable
Author

russellgalyon wrote:
Did anyone find the root cause or a solution to this issue?<div></div>

In my case the root was a number of LEFT KEEPs that result in full reduction of the tables that are using the LEFT KEEPs. Seems to be only a 64bit problem, since the 32bit version reloads just fine. QlikTech are looking into it.

Not applicable
Author

Rewriting my LEFT KEEPs in a different way alleviated my issue. Thanks for the hint.

daan_koster
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

We have the same error, QV9 - SR4 9, 00, 7469, 8.

All documents using User Defined Functions (UDF) do reload OK with QV developer, but the publisher reload ends with an error although the LOG file (in the sourcedocumentt folder) reports no error and all data is loaded correctly into the application. When the UDF is removed from the application the reload runs without an error!

We have an QT error ticket but still waiting for support ...

Good tips are welcome.

Regards Daan

Not applicable
Author

QlikTech provided us with a new release, which fixed our problem. It was a bug. Your case sounds about the same, especially if things are working with 8.5.