Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error: The sourcedocument failed to reload.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Hello guys,

I get the following error in QlikView 9.0:

Error: The sourcedocument failed to reload.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Error: at QlikView.Doc.DoReload(Int32 _Mode, Boolean _Partial, Boolean _Debug)

Error: at QVBWrapper.Document.Reload(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, Boolean i_MonitorQVBCPUUsage, Boolean i_Partial, Boolean i_ReadDocumentLog)

My document reloads fine manually and I have the log from the Server/Publisher reload and it says that it has finished, so the error must be coming right after that, when it tries to save the QVW file, because my QVW file stays as it was before the reload.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the reason?

Greetings,
Iassen

42 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What release did QlikTech give you? I am running QV9 SR4 and experiencing this, no issues in QV8.5 with same data and file.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this issue? If so, could you post the resolution? Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Yes, the issue was resolved. The release that we're currently using is 9.00.7502.8 SR5 x64.

Not applicable
Author

Same here,
with the SR5 upgrade we didn't get this error message anymore.

Not applicable
Author

Recently upgraded to SR6 and the problem is still there.

suniljain
Master
Master

in your case , OCX file is corrupted

Not applicable
Author

Could also be that some other developer / scheduled task is reloading same QVD at the same time.

Have two scripts that read and write random data to same QVD file, than sleep a few seconds , and repeat thousand times. When scheduling such workload, one of the jobs fails with General Script Error. If the file is reloading in developer tool , job fails with The sourcedocument failed to reload.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at QlikView.Doc.DoReload(Int32 _Mode, Boolean _Partial, Boolean _Debug) at QVBWrapper.Document.Reload(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, Boolean i_MonitorQVBCPUUsage, Boolean i_Partial, Boolean i_ReadDocumentLog)

Steps to reproduce:

Reader script:

for i= 1 to 1000

Table:

replace Load A, B from [x.qvd](qvd);

sleep 10000 * rand( );

next

writer script:

for i= 1 to 1000

table:

replace load RecNo( ) as A,

rand( ) as B

autogenerate(1000000 * rand( ) ); //reduce to fit in memory

store table into x.qvd (qvd);

sleep 10000 * rand( );

next

suniljain
Master
Master

when you reloading same QVD at the same time. you donot get this error.

eiconsulting
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Same. SR5 and now SR6.

Using the command DO SAVE gets the error... tried to clean MS Framework, Disinstalled QV and RE-Installed... nothing.. pls let me know if there is any development.

Thanks

Flavio

Federico Sason | Emanuele Briscolini
Not applicable
Author

A brand new server, Windows 2008, QV10 SR1, and the same problem as in W2003, QV9 SR3:

2/6/2011 9:33:45 PM Warning Could not get QlikView Document Log Name. Log reading skipped!
2/6/2011 9:33:45 PM Error The sourcedocument failed to reload.. Exception=System.Runtime.

InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BE): The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)
at QlikView.Doc.DoReload(Int32 _Mode, Boolean _Partial, Boolean _Debug)
at QVBWrapper.Document.Reload(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, Boolean i_MonitorQVBCPUUsage, Boolean i_Partial, Boolean i_ReadDocumentLog)
2/6/2011 9:33:45 PM Error Reload failed.