Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error connecting to database when reloading

Hello.

I am getting an error when the Reload Task runs (automatically) in the Publisher.

Seeing the log I can read the following message:

"Login failed for user ''. The user user is not associated with a trusted sql server connection"

I am on a 64-bit server using OLEDB Connect with Windows Authentication and in the computer where I develop (QlikView Desktop) I am able to connect to the database (making it possible to construct the connection string) but in the server I can not (with the same user and the server can see the database)...

Anyone knows why is this happening???

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's the userid assigned to the Qlikview Distribution Service. You can see the account name in the Windows Services control panel on the server.

-Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The windows account used for the Qlikview Distribution Service is not defined to your SQL Server. If you already tried putting a userid/pwd in the connection string, it looks like it's being ignored because your SQL Server is setup to use Windows Authentication only.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob. Thanks for the answer.

I haven't tried to put user / pwd cause I don't have any.

As for the windows account, it can perform the reload of others qvw. It's just mine that it can't :s

Any idea why is this happening? Something that I need to do with a file?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are those other reloads from the same database? The userid has to be associated with the Database object.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

No. Different databases.

But as for mine, I can connect with the same user logged in in another machine.

Is there a way I can confirm if there's a specific user running publisher tasks or I can assume it's always the logged user?

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's the userid assigned to the Qlikview Distribution Service. You can see the account name in the Windows Services control panel on the server.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

That was it! Thanks Rob!

What happened was that the password of the user that runs the services was changed in windows but wasn't changed in the services so they were running with the old password.

I dunno why the others reload work and only the one created after the password changed didn't but with the new password and with a restart, i was able to access to the database (meanwhile it was even giving me another error: "Cannot generate SSPI context").