cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnymac
Contributor II
Contributor II

Execute Error for one application but not another

I have several applications that are getting an execute error when they try to save QVD, but I compared them to other similar applications that run without error  and the settings are all the same as far as I can tell .  Qlikview April 2019 is the version of publisher they are running on.   Does anyone have any ideas of how to find the root cause?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonnymac
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I was able to find the issue.  Some of the servers in the publisher cluster have the config to allow execution of executables. The ones that were running sucessfully were running on those servers.  so I just made sure that the applications were running on those servers

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Analyze the exact error. For example, storage on one computer could be faster than on the other, and if the QVD is big enough, that could be a factor.

Others could be concurrency (e.g.: a developer is saving that QVD at the same time than the Publisher does), other running software (most frequently, antivirus and backup programs), or lack of permissions (the account on one computer can reach/see/write the file on the folder while the other account in the other computer cannot).

jonnymac
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

All the ones that fail all have this error.  "ERROR - EXECUTE Command Failed. AllowExecuteCommand setting violation detected. "  Is right after this statement.  "Execute cmd.exe /C "Openfiles /disconnect /op"  But all these similar applications(the failing and nonfailing ones)  have the exact statements, as they come from an included file in the script loading process.

jonnymac
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I was able to find the issue.  Some of the servers in the publisher cluster have the config to allow execution of executables. The ones that were running sucessfully were running on those servers.  so I just made sure that the applications were running on those servers