Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe92319
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Fail to start Distribution Service in QlikView Server

Hi experts,

I've been recently facing a problem on starting the Distribution Service in my server.

And, the error message shown is ambiguous - "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Please help. Thanks.

error.png

Best Regards,

Joe

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you check the contents of the different Log files, as advised in the screenshot? The Distribution Service has a base log file in directory C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log. The log file name starts with Root_... There may be many, but it should be easy to find one that contains startup error messages...

arish_delon
Creator
Creator

Hello Fellow QlikView user,

If your QlikView version is after 12.xx;  You need to have the correct version of  ".NET" 

Minimum requirement is 4.7.2 (As of October 2019)

Ever after having the correct version if it is still not starting...

Stop all QV services and rename the the distribution service folder "DistributionService" to "DistributionService_old1"

Now restart QV Service in order. (You will have to do some research)

The Distribution service should start... if starts it will recreate the missing folder "DistributionService".

If you this not the case the you would need review the following documents and try each scenario.

Albert_Candelario

Hi all,

I would also try to recreate the Distribution App Data folder as it seems a file could have been corrupted. Please, bear in mind, if doing that the history of the tasks executions will be lost in the QMC.

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer