Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed recoonect qvpr (sql) to 9.0 sr2

Hi

Anybody knows how to resolve problem:

After upgrade from 8.5 to 9.0 SR2 it is impossible in QEMC ->System->Setup->Command Center->REPOSITORY tab to reconnect old sql database (QVPR) as repository database.

Got respond to "APPLY":

This database is a pre 9.00 database. Please use Publisher upgrade tool.

Publisher licensed. Upgdate tool didn't help.

Thank's in advance.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Hugo,

Were you able to find the answer to the problem you were having above? We are having the same issue and would like to know the answer.

Thanks.

Bryan

Not applicable
Author

Hello

Unfortunaly support told to me that my qvpr database (sql) is corrupted ant recconect to sr2 is not possible.

Now I am using QVPR of type xml.

Best regards

Hugo

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did you use the upgrade tool to convert it to the version 9 database? There are differences in the meta data from version 8.5 and version 9. The upgrade tool will make the necessary changes.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Upgrate tool didn't help.

best regards

philip_doyne
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Anyone - We do not seem to have a solution to this on this thread. I am getting the same problem - will not start CC service in v9 SR5 having upgraded on a server which had 8.50. We have not had publisher on this server. I have tried to do complete uninstall and reinstall but get same problem. All the services are running but the CC cannot connect to the database. Anybody know how I create a new blank QVPR database for Server only ( we have no publisher licence) Thanks Philip

philip_doyne
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

OK - Found the answer (on another thread!)

"I found out that removing (by for example renaming) the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter and then restarting Publisher Command Centre gets the job done. You will loose all your reload tasks but this at least gets you past the problem of not being able to upgrade the database."

Restarting the command centre service recreates this directory with a blank QVPR.

Thanks anyway all!