Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Failed to connect to QlikView Server

Hi all,

I found this warning in QMC:

WarningFailed to connect to QlikView Server. This error is most likely because the server is not contactable or that the account the QlikView Distribution Service is running as is lacking permissions. Address=wgeadl36qsc001:4747, Exception=System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageDataFromSocket(Byte[] buffer, Double timeout)

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageSizeFromSocket(Double timeout)

at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Open()

at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer..ctor(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Hostname, Int32 i_Port, Mode i_Mode, Boolean i_Https)

at QlikTech.QlikViewServerConnection..ctor(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Address, String i_Username, String i_Password)

at QlikTech.QVSHelper.GetQlikViewServerConnection(String i_ForPath, String& o_RelativePath, String i_Username, String i_Password)

WarningCould not connect. Type=QlikView Server, Path=qvp://wgeadl36qsc001/. Exception=System.Exception: Could not connect! Path=qvp://wgeadl36qsc001/ ---> System.Exception: GetQlikViewServerConnection returned null

at QlikTech.DMS.Connect(String i_Path)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QlikTech.DMS.Connect(String i_Path)

at QDSMain.FileSystemPluginHelper.CreateInstanceOfPluginHandlingPath(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_Path, String i_Username, String i_Password, LogMessage i_LogMessage, LogFileProgress i_LogFileProgress)

WarningFileSystem Plugin was not found - No operations will be executed! Path=qvp://wgeadl36qsc001/
WarningCould not connect to QVS. QVS=qvp://wgeadl36qsc001/
WarningCould not connect. QVS=qvp://wgeadl36qsc001/
InformationTrying to distribute. QVS=qvp://wgeadl36qsc002/

[cut]

InformationPerformance data (CopyFile): Connecting to QVS. (0), DMSAccessRules=2 (0), Uploading file: AL_VT_01_FCVita/AL_VT_01_FCVitaFull.qvw (16), Write complete. (1094656 bytes processed) (187)
WarningQVS Distribution failed to distribute to one or more nodes in the QVS Cluster, but one node completed with success. NodeCount=1
WarningDistribution reported warnings for resource "AL_VT_01_FCVitaFull_QVS_1" (QlikViewServerDistributionResource). Warnings=6
WarningDistribution to resources reported warnings. Warnings: 7

Environment:

structure with 2-node server cluster and publisher. Please see attached files.

I found same warning for many scheduled documents. I try to reload right now some qvw from QMC and warning appears again.

It depends on what? Thank you

17 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Is your Service account have sufficient privileges?

Does it belong to QlikView Administrator group and in turn belong to local administrator group.

Regards

ASHFAQ 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes it has, thanks. Those tasks run 4 times a day, and it's the first time I have this warning...

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Is your application shared on SAN drive?

Can you try by moving it to local server and check if that helps.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No it isn't. I cannot move it to local server...

Not applicable
Author

The exception shows that QDS can´t connect to QVS due to rights.

Has this worked before?
Service account password expired?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes it works 4 times every day, as you can see in attached file.

Service account password never expires...

Giuseppe_Novello

Gjamila,

For any chance you an antivirus on the background that might be holding the files?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

One of two nodes failed distribution.

What happens if you use Open in Server in your QV Desktop, and you try to connect to qvp://wgeadl36qsc001/ using the Service account name and password?

Best

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Tests have already been carried out, antivirus does not appear to be the cause...