Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to connect to command center

Hi Everyone,

I have a fresh install of QVS & QVP 8.5 on Windows Server 2003 64-bit but I can't get into the control panel. When I try to access http://localhost/controlpanel/default.aspx I get an error message stating "failed to connect to commant center at url: http://localhost:8084/qtcc.asmx. I can't determine the resolution to this issue. I have disabled soap extensions but it didn't make a difference. I can't get onto the qtcc.asmx page so I have tried changing the port from 8081 to 8084. ASP & ASP.NET are all enabled. The account belongs to Qlikview Administrators group. QVS seems to be working fine - I have no issues with accessing http://localhost/qlikview. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?? Full details of the error message included below.

Thanks!

Failed to connect to command center at url: http://localhost:8084/qtcc.asmx.

This error might occur when having soap extensions enabled while running on a double byte language OS.
To disable soap extensions. Edit web.config and set EnableSoapExtensions to False

Extended technical information is:

Exception details

System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1). error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ap09zelh.0.cs' could not be found error CS2008: No inputs specified at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence) at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies) at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GetSerializersFromCache(XmlMapping[] mappings, Type type) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[] mappings, Type type) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientType..ctor(Type type) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol..ctor() at CPGlobal.CommandCenterWebService.CommandCenterWebService..ctor() at CPGlobal.ServicePool.CommandCenterWebServiceUnAuthorized() at CPGlobal.ExtendedAuthenticatedRole.AuthorizeMe()

17 Replies
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Just to be sure, have you restarted the commandcenter service after changing the soap extension settings? Or rebooted the server?

Can you also check the event logs >application and see if there is any more info in there.

Thanks.

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl,

I have restarted / rebooted like there is no tomorrow, but no luck. Also don't see much logged in the event viewer - mainly just logs from restarting the services.

I'm not sure what I did, but I seem to be getting a slightly different message now - included below. Does it make sense that it is saying target machine is refusing connection when I am trying to connect to localhost?

Thanks

Failed to connect to command center at url: http://localhost:8084/qtcc.asmx.

This error might occur when having soap extensions enabled while running on a double byte language OS.
To disable soap extensions. Edit web.config and set EnableSoapExtensions to False

Extended technical information is:

Exception details

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8084 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at CPGlobal.CommandCenterWebService.CommandCenterWebService.CheckPrerequisites(String Cert) at CPGlobal.ExtendedAuthenticatedRole.AuthorizeMe()

Not applicable
Author

I've done some more digging on this, and it appears as though the server is not listening on either port 8081 or 8084. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I had s similar issue installing V9 the other day. In that case, the service would start but the TCPIP listener was never established. There were no error messages in the Event log. The messages I needed to eventually solve the problem were in the CommandCenter log at

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\Log

Have you checked that log for errors or other clues?

-Rob

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Are you running any firewalls on this machine or antivirus, like mcafee? If you have a firewall make sure you have the ports open. If you are running any antivirus make sure they are not using the same ports.

hope this helps!

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

i have exactly the same problem. Trying to change ports, to set soap to "false" doesn t help. Qtcc.asmx doesn t work.

After starting the Command Center Service(on port 8084), it still doesnt listen on that port.

Any other suggestions,

thanks,

Anze

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have solved the problem. The main issue was, tha i have had before on the same system installed QV9 and after uninstalling it and putting back QV8.5.

The issue was that the Publisher s database (reporsitoriy) usually under(C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR) was not deleted. So the version 8.5 tried to use this settings for command center and the error above(soap extension) was shown.
Solution? Rename or delete the QVPR folder and after running publisher for the first time it will we
recreated with correct settings.
Not applicable
Author

In services, all qlikview services are running?Look this, ok?!I had the same message, put QlikView my services were not started after have installed Publisher. Just restart should resolve them, it also restart IIS.

Eu tive uma mensagem igual, porem meus servicos qlikview nao estavam iniciados apos ter instalado Publisher.Apenas reinicia-los deve resolver, vale reiniciar o IIS também.
Not applicable
Author

Anze,

Your solution worked for us as well. Thanks for the post.

We also were moving back to 8.5 after finding 9.0 unworkable, and we received this error.

Thanks again.