Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to load a QVW

Used the "no data" tip but did not work, with Windows Command propmt too.

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you explain what is the issue in detail?

I'm not able to open the file

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Lakshmi,

Yea, I can't open it either. The size of the document is very small, so I am thinking the document is bad.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Normally empty QV file is about 150KB.  This one is way too small to be a valid qvw.

Not applicable
Author

It was more than 500kb to start with and it had successfull run at the end when it is to write to a QVD it failed and then onwards i am not able to open it.

Not applicable
Author

Did you use section access by any chance?

Not applicable
Author

no, not sure what it is...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lakshmi, do you have a copy of the log file for the document? This would help a lot in determining what the problem is. To set the qvw to create a log file on reload, go to Settings-> document properties -> "general" tab then tick the "generate" logfile checkbox option the right.

See if you can post a copy of the logfile.

Regards

Erica

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Lakshmi

If you open the qvw in a text editor, like notepad, you can can see it looks malformed, normally it should have some human readable xml at the end of the file.

Looks like you'll need to restore a copy from your backups.

Best Regards,     Bill

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

If you open a QV and create a new document and just save it the file size is over a 100k. So, I would think there is something wrong with a file that is only 4k.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.