Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.
has someone an idea why I get an error mail-message that a task has failed but if I look within the qmc the tasks was successful (in overview and within the log-file) and also the results from the task are fine? What could be wrong, especially because this mail will be generated short after the task start and the task finished later successfully?
The task "Controls/ExecuteUpdateShopMatrix.qvw" failed. Part of the log file follows:
25.06.2016 04:00:01 Error The task "Controls/ExecuteUpdateShopMatrix.qvw" failed. Exception: QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein. Parametername: stringToUnescape bei System.Uri.UnescapeDataString(String stringToUnescape) bei QDSMain.DistributeTask.GetFileName(String path) bei QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung --- bei QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) bei QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)
To mention is that this happens since 3 days and only to certain tasks which runs between 04:00 - 05:00 am and those tasks runs only an execution-statement which triggered some batches. Other similar tasks which runs later runs without an error. Since months no change within the tasks, qv release or anything related to these tasks (at least I think so).
NULL parameter value exception? Seems like something internal to the QlikView Distribution Service. Maybe you should contact Qlik support.
Otherwise, the reload of ExecuteUpdateShopMatrix.qvw runs to completion without any further errors? And the tasks scheduled to start next also run ok? Annoying for sure but nothing is broken?
There aren't any other programs running in that same time frame? Like a backup program or a virus scanner doing its round of your server disks?
There is no further error only these mails. I will test if they start and run properly by the next scheduled time - the last days I have started them manually within the qmc and they run fine without any errors.
I couldn't identify any other program yet which might disturb the execution - there is nothing within the windows event-logs. But there could be some reasons for a disturbance.
The time between 02:00 and 05:00 am is the time-frame for automatically windows updates and updates/checks for the group policies (this is overlapping with my time-frame for updating qlikview which runs between 04:00 and 08:00 am - but the tasks before 05:00 am have a minor priority (if they only run every two/three days it's not very important) - and I couldn't change this and it worked since several months without noticeable problems.
Further since about 6 weeks I have a new security suite (Symantec) running on my server (I would have had very good reasons why this won't work to block the IT from doing this - and we agreed we will test it) and in the first days I watched my server closely if there are any changes with the tasks, reload-times, load-times, response-times - but nothing special is noticeable. The most settings from this suite aren't accessable for me but I could look on the protocols - I will look here again.
We had serious issues with a customer's security suite. I can't remember which it was but I don't think it was Symantec. It made reloads super slow or even fail. Check the process list for unexpected processes if you can, that's how we found our culprit.
Since last thursday it worked again without these mysterious error-messages - the only change was a patch for the installed security suite on wednesday. I would say this is a direct relation ...
Many thanks for your help!