Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II

Filling up of C drive in publisher is preventing the task reloads in QMC

Hello Everyone,

C drive of the publisher is varying between 0 to few KBs which is preventing the task reloads in QMC. All the tasks are failing due to this. Are there any folders or files related to QlikView in C drive that I can delete to free up the space?

And highest size folder is ScanFile which is in Windows folder in C drive. Anybody has an idea why the size of  folder, "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ScanFile" is so high?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try this solution in case it happens again. The main reason for filling up of C - drive in my case was as mentioned in my original post i.e., because of ScanFile folder. This folder was removed and rescan was initiated which solved the issue and freed up lot of space.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No but that's a Windows System folder. Nothing to be done about that except buying larger disks (I'm assuming that your server C drive is a RAID1 array)

The 800 pound-gorilla in the QlikView area of your C-drive are probably the QDS log folders. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log\ and open the Properties dialog to check the size of all subdirectories and items. If this folder seems extremely bulky to you, consider moving the Distribution Application Data folder (including logs) to another drive.

See QMC->System->Setup->Distribution Services->Your Distribution Service->General->Settings for QDS->Application Data Folder.

jeremy_kofoot
Contributor III
Contributor III

What i would say is to move the QlikTech folder to a different drive if possible and just create a symbolic link to it on the c drive.  That way you won't fill up the c drive and hopefully will have it on a drive that has more space.

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try this solution in case it happens again. The main reason for filling up of C - drive in my case was as mentioned in my original post i.e., because of ScanFile folder. This folder was removed and rescan was initiated which solved the issue and freed up lot of space.

Thank you.

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your suggestion too. Your suggestion would be one of those to try if in case this happens again. And as already mentioned, the issue was solved by initiating rescan of ScanFile folder which was the main reason to fill up C-drive and this solved the issue.

Thank you.