Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajaykumar1
Creator III
Creator III

Help on QV server sizing

Hi Everyone,

I need some one help to define the QV server sizing. I got one "QV server Sizing" excel from the community for calculation.

Total Size of the QVD's  used in application is : 30 Gb (Here i considered the size of the qvd 1 time only if its used more than 1 time in script)

But my QVW is size is 12.5 GB. But as per the attached excel formuala " On average a qvw is a 12th of the original size of the data being loaded into it."

Is i need to consider the size of the qvd if i used 2 times in my script?  Like XX qvd size 9 Gb and used in 2 times in my script then i need to consider 9 gb or 18 GB?

When am calculating i considered 9 gb only...It it right?

Based on this i need to know RAM,CPU requirement.

More Thanks,

Ajay

7 Replies
ajaykumar1
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Any help on this?

More Thanks,

Ajay

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, same qvd should be considered once, so 9 gb is right.

ajaykumar1
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Tresesco.

But i want to know why my qvw is 12.5 gb if the total qvd's size is 30 gb.

My qvw is should be like   30*(12/100) = 3.6 Gb

tresesco
MVP
MVP

30 gb is your qvd size and not DB/flie size. QVD and file are different when it comes to qvw size calculation. From qvd to qvw calculation would majorly depend on qvw compression factor.

ajaykumar1
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Compression factor means the filters which we used in QVW level in script...right?

Is that QVW size depends on the No. of dimensions as well?

More THanks,

Ajay

tresesco
MVP
MVP

No. Compression settings is here: Document Settings->General Tab->Save Format( Compression: High/Medium/None)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can also use the file size of an uncompressed QVW (save with compression = None) as memory footprint estimate for a particular document. Add 10% per user that will have the document opened simultaneously.

Note that these calculations only concern the opening of documents in the AccessPoint. Reloading documents on the same server is a different story and adds memory requirements that are difficult to calculate...

Peter