Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spinchuk
Partner - Contributor III

Hide all document on Access Point, but those that have named user assigned.

Dear Community,

Is there a way to hide all user documents on access point by default and only display user documents that have named user assigned to the document?

Let's say I want a user to see only his document on Access Point. If I assign that user as a "Named users" within distribution task of the publisher and run the distribution task - all works fine and the user can see the document on Access Point.

But he can also see other documents on Access Point that do not have a distribution task created for in publisher - and this is my issue.

I do not want to create a distribution task for every document in Access Point - some are just generic demos.

Is there another way to hide all documents from the user that don't have the user explicitly assigned?

Thank you!

(P.S. I have Active Directory security Ntlm authentication)

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Remove all NTFS permissions of all users for all the documents, except for those documents and those users that have a document cal for the document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

if you are distributing document to user while creating  schedule Job for application.

You could stop distributing to users.it will not visible. edit task for particular

qlikview  remove the users from distribution list

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
spinchuk
Author

Just want to clarify my question:

I would still prefer all internal users to see all Access Point documents (including demos).

However, 1 specific user (external), should only see 1 specific document, but no other documents.

Without publisher, I could simply assign my internal users to all documents, but then only assign the external user to one specific document. But what can be done when you do have publisher?

Thank you

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you have an EE server, switch to DMS security. You will obtain an Authorization tab in the section User Documents. That one lets you show/hide documents without distribution task to/from specific users.

If you don't, follow Gysbert's advice.

Peter

PS In QlikView Server context, CALs do not have any relation to authorizations.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

i thing you should simply assign a CAL( client Access license)

to user who need to give access

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure that that one specific user only has NTFS read permissions for the .qvw file he/she should be able to see in the Access Point.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand