Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
andnil89
New Contributor

High CPU load, publisher

Hi!

Have a question about high cpu load and its behaviour which I don't understand clearly. Don't know how deep I should get, let's start pretty general and see where it takes us. I'm only hosting the server and doesn't work inside Qlikview application.

I get a constant high CPU load on the publisher server, only way I can solve it today is to reboot the server but it always comeback with different timespace.

So when this problem occurs I start to monitor CPU load in process explorer. A big part of the CPU load comes from CPU interrupts.

I get so bad performence that many realods fails.

qlik.jpg

I made some debugging with windows performence records but couldnt make any conclusion at the moment. (May have too look deeper to that).

The server is running in a virtual infrastructure on an kvm hypervisor. The VM has 12 vcpu,(backend CPU is (2x12, 3,4 Ghz,Intel Xeon E5-2600), 48 GB RAM.

Just want to know if anyone has also expirenced this? Dont know if I should start digging deeper to system problems or if it's an Qlikrelated problem.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: High CPU load, publisher

In a hardware-only environment, a high cpu load by the 'Interrupts' process is usually an indication of problems with the disks or disk arrays. Not sure if this also applies to Virtual Machines.

I would say that it has "probably" nothing to do with QlikView, but I'm not really sure.

Community Browser