Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I create tasks in QMC?

I cant find a way to create a task in QMC, I want to create a task that send parts of my Qlikview document via email in Publisher.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Should you mean Publisher tasks, first of all, you need to have Publisher correctly licensed in your Server. You can check that going to the QMC (assuming you are using version 11), System, Licenses, QlikView Publisher.

Second, once your Publisher is licensed, you will see a "Documents" tab with two options: "Source documents" and "User Documents". Click on any Source Document you will see a "+" (plus) button, where a wizard will let you create new tasks.

If you don't have Publisher and you want to create reload tasks, go to the Documents tab and click on any document. There is a Reload tab in the right part of the site where you can set when the reload will be triggered. Without Publisher, you can only reload documents, but not distribute them.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Should you mean Publisher tasks, first of all, you need to have Publisher correctly licensed in your Server. You can check that going to the QMC (assuming you are using version 11), System, Licenses, QlikView Publisher.

Second, once your Publisher is licensed, you will see a "Documents" tab with two options: "Source documents" and "User Documents". Click on any Source Document you will see a "+" (plus) button, where a wizard will let you create new tasks.

If you don't have Publisher and you want to create reload tasks, go to the Documents tab and click on any document. There is a Reload tab in the right part of the site where you can set when the reload will be triggered. Without Publisher, you can only reload documents, but not distribute them.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

Thanks for the reply, Yes I am trying to create the publisher tasks.

And I do have the Publisher that is licensed, I followed the steps on your second paragraph but the is no + (plus) button that I will use to get the wizard to create tasks, Please see the attachmentQlik.png

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Well yes,

Expand your server by clicking on the [+] sign at the left of the "QDS@fapreport" to see all your source documents according to the source folder specified in the QEMC, System, Setup, Distribution Services, General, Source Folders.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks

It worked, I didn't have anything in the Source documents folder, that i s why I couldnt create any tasks.

Thanks again

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Is it possible to create a task  other than reload task if I don't have publisher license?

Thanks,

Arnold

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Arnold,

No, it's not possible. The Server, either EE or SBE allows you to reload, but that's all. You should use the qv.exe and the /r parameter integrated with your corporate task scheduler or Windows task scheduler, then use document or field event triggers when the file opens so you can reduce or distribute. However, Support for this is very limited, because that's what Publisher is intended to.

Regards.

Miguel

omerfaruk
Creator
Creator

HI Miguel,

I don't have a publisher but I do not see a reload tab if select a user document?

omerfaruk
Creator
Creator

I just learnt that this was because the tasks I've carried out to remove publisher wasn't sufficient to see that tab.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I am  able to see QVW's I worked on in the Source documents but there are two new qvw's I created few days ago and when I went to QMC Source Documents to create tasks for these new qvw's, I do not see them listed in the Source Documents. Can you please advise on this.

Thanks