Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I maintain the Custom User passwords when migrating the directory to a new server?

I am in the process of migrating an existing custom user directory from one server (running V10) to a new server (running V11.2). I have installed and set up the new server and copied the CustomDirectoryData.xml file. I open QMC and browse the Users tab under System Setup ... Directory Service Connectors ... DSC ... Custom Directory. I can see all my users and groups were migrated over.

When I try to login with a known user and password, however, it fails to authenticate. I opened the CustomDirectoryData.xml file and noticed that the <Password> hash is different than it was in the same file on my old server. I can manually update the password in QMC and this resolves the issue, but I really do not wish to do this for 100 users.

I'm not sure if this is due to:

1. The change from QV10 to QV11.2

2. The password hash is based on the server name and therefore needs to be reset when migrating to a new server

3. I don't think this is the case, but maybe the PGO or META files from the previous server can affect the Custom User passwords?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

UPDATE 20AUG13: This was submitted to QT Support. Here is the reply:

“ Unfortunately this is working as designed. R&D changed how the passwords are hashed for Custom users between version 10 and 11. In version 11 they switched to a much more complicated and secure hash, and since hashing is a one-way operation, QlikView cannot convert the passwords.

The only option here is to manually enter every user's password.”