Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juampe
Partner - Contributor III

How to RELOAD a QVW Document from Server with Section Access

Hello Every One!
I´ve the following problem: I want to reload a document and I want that this document will be only available for certain people in the Access Point.

I´ve the following:

**Document propierties:

Opening --> Initial Data Reduction BAsed.... Checked
Opening --> Strict Exclusion  Uncheked

Server --> Filter Acces Point Document  List BAsed..... Checked

I also have the following Script

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

ADMIN, SAN\XXXX

ADMIN, SAN\XXXXX

];

Section Application;

**On QMC:

System --> Setup --> Security --> NTFS Auhtorization

So the problem is that I can reload the document directly opening the file and CTR+R, but when I try to use the Task in the server for do that I have the following error

(2017-06-27 13:42:15) Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.

(2017-06-27 13:42:15) Information: Attempted to load the document without data.

(2017-06-27 13:42:15) Error: The document failed to open.

Any Idea??  I´ve read many post about this topic and I thought it would be easier

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Don't forget to add the service user account to the section access list. The user account you entered when installing the services (the account that tries to open and reload the QVW).

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Juan,

in QMC Document Reload

Regards,

Antonio

juampe
Author

Hi Stefan, Thanks for the fast replay.

How can I do that?

juampe
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your response I´ve tried this and didnt´work

I´ve added a new columns in the section Access for the PAssword field and I´ve tried to reload and the new message error is:

Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.

(2017-06-27 15:50:53) Information: Attempted to load the document without data.

(2017-06-27 15:50:53) Error: The document failed to open. Bad Username and password is the most likely cause of this problem.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Juan Pedro wrote:

Hi Stefan, Thanks for the fast replay.

How can I do that?

a) Identify the QV Server service account (maybe ask your friendly admin, read the docs or check windows services if your able to login on the server).

b) add this account to your section access table just like your other admins

juampe
Author

Are you talking about this?

server.PNG

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not necessarily. These fields are usually empty because by default every service uses the account under which it runs to contact another service.

If you only have QMC access and no server access, ask your "friendly sysadmin" as Stefan already suggested. You only need the domainname and accountname of the service account that is running the QDS (QlikView Distribution Service). YOU DO NOT NEED A PASSWORD OF THIS ACCOUNT.

Add the serviceaccount with role=ADMIN to your Section Access table and either reload the document before you put it on the server, or publish a document that has section access code in the load script but has never executed that code.

juampe
Author

Oks, thanks for your support guys.

Iwill write an email to  our Server admin in order to have this information from them
l really appreciate your support