Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to change the default PDF printer for QV Publisher?

Hi,

How can I change the default printer in QlikView Publisher? QVP, by default, uses pdf xchane 3 to print reports. How can I set it to use Adobe or any other pdf reader of my choice (preferrablw without using a macro)?

Thanks,

- Khaled

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The QlikView server doesn't support any other driver.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill,

Basically, the default printer is disturbing the arabic font in my printed reports.

Is there any work around instead that you are perhaps aware of?

Thanks,

-Khaled.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Bill,

Also, I would like to know if I can change the default printer for Publisher from PDF Xchange 3 to PDF Xchange 4.

Thanks,

-Khaled

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am not sure on that one, because I am not sure how the code is written to tie into it. If you had a test server you could test it to see if it worked. Is very PDF Xchange 4 free?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Dear Bill,

I somehow missed your last response in email notifications, hence replying late.

Yes, I did try using PDF Xchange 4 already, but the Printer Queues suggest that QVP still happens to be communicating with PDF X-Change 3 only, no matter what application or printer is set as default (for Windows).

Hope QlikTech is considering to imbibe support for new PDF printer drivers  (and particularly support for correctly printing Arabic Texts in reports pushed over QVP) in the next update.

Thank you again for your cooperation.

Regards,

- Khaled.