Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to export jobs in QMC to Excel

I am trying to have a summary of all jobs running in the console, esp runtime, status, start and finish time of each jobs. Is there a feature in QMC where I can export these info into an excel file. That would be wonderful.

Many Thanks.

6 Replies
woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

you can find task execution history in xml format under this path of your qlikview server

'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\TaskExecutionHistory'

you can load all the xml files into qvw file and then export to Excel

微信截图_20171120170340.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dave thanks for the reply.

I do not see another folder after 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService' it stops at DistributionService which has Configuration, LoadBalancer, Notification, Registration and TaskNotofication xml files. I already loaded all these but none of them have data on start and end time for each task. May be I need to enable some feature in QMC to generate the particular info. Thanks

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

That probably because we have different version of qlikview server , in my side , it's version 11.20.12904 (SR12)

one thing your can try if you can't find the folder

you can copy one of your task ID here:

1.png

then search the xml file name with this task ID under C drive

2.png

good luck !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you are wanting to look at the start and end times, average run times etc. of your tasks why not take a look at the Governance Dashboard it might have all you need without you having to scrape those xml files from scratch.

Here's Greg Hood announcing the latest version 2.0.5  https://community.qlik.com/blogs/supportupdates/2017/11/07/qlikview-governance-dashboard-205-is-now-...

which is available at the download site

http://eu-a.demo.qlik.com/download/

Oh, and why would you export the Tasks and their logs to Excel when you can analyse the data so much better in QlikView

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Check C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch instead. Some locations have changed in QV12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks all for your suggestions. Paul, i was looking for xml files because i did not know governance dashboard has what I needed. now i know. Thank you