Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
advait_thakur
Contributor III

How to handle more than 50 tasks at a time in Qlikview Publisher?

Hello Experts,

Hope you are doing well. I am posting for understanding one scenario in Qlikview Publisher.

It would be really great if anybody is having any thoughts/suggestion and ideas for it.

As we all know that QV Publisher can handle only 10 concurrent tasks at a time. If we try to go beyond limitation

of 10 then automatically the new task (11th Task) gets into Queue or fails.

I would like to understand how we can handle more than 30-50 concurrent tasks at a time in Qlikview Publisher.

None of the running task should get fail or interrupted.

I was just wondering about: Is there any way for clustered publisher servers which can be configured

to handle the balance of 50 concurrent tasks at a time !!!

Limitation: I don't want to add another Qlikview Publisher.

I am having Qlikview 11 - SR1.

I wanted to implement the best approach for it so please let me know if you have any ideas/suggestions/thoughts for the same.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thank You,

Advait

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
advait_thakur
Contributor III

Re: How to handle more than 50 tasks at a time in Qlikview Publisher?

Dear Readers,

This is achieved few months before. Not only 50 tasks but more than 100 at a time.

Regards

Advait

6 Replies
advait_thakur
Contributor III

Dear Readers,

This is achieved few months before. Not only 50 tasks but more than 100 at a time.

Regards

Advait

Not applicable

How?  I'm running into similar issues.

advait_thakur
Contributor III

Hello Mark,

Sorry for the late response. I am not sure what version and build you are using. Firstly I would ask few questions

1- Are you creating multiple tasks for single qlikview application ? or any other thing , If yes then please specify.

2- How many Publisher do you have ?

As far as EDX triggers concern I cannot share the long code at this moment.

Regards

Advait

Not applicable

I am using 11.2 SR5  with one publisher.  I am running multiple reload tasks at the same time and many get stuck waiting for an Engine.  But you said you had 50+ running concurrently, I'm just wondering how you managed that since QV seems to have an in built restriction to the number of cores-1 or 9 total.

advait_thakur
Contributor III

Hello Mark,

With the help of EDX Logic and two publishers I achieved it. The limit for concurrent tasks remains the same: 1 task (QVB) per CPU core and a maximum of 10, unless Desktop Heap Size of Windows is increased.

Regards

Advait

Not applicable

Hi Advait, Please explain how you achieve to run the more than 100 concurrent users ?

Community Browser