Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sieechuan
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to prevent QlikviewBatch Setting be reset/overwrite?

I'm going upgrading to Qlikview Ver 12.2 SR7. But I found a issue with the Qlikviwebatch setting file. It will be automatically reset/overwrite by system itself after a period of time. Do any setting need to change to prevent it be reset/overwrite? Please kindly advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @sieechuan 

Have a look at the Qlik Support article QlikView 12.20 QVB Settings.ini resets periodically.  The QlikView Batch settings.ini file being recreated, overwritten, etc. was identified as a bug in the QlikView November 2017 version track (12.20) - QV-15256.  The fix for this bug was included in QV November 2017 SR8 (12.20.20900) and greater.

See the Release Notes for November 2017 SR8 stating that this bug was resolved.

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Not sure about this, i have seen some case when the setting got changed automatically (or when i do some changes in QMC).

I always keep a backup of the setting files and overwrite it if i face any issues.

Best Regards,
KC
sieechuan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes. it is what I did right now. It will be great if someone could share us the permanent solution. Thank you.
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @sieechuan 

Have a look at the Qlik Support article QlikView 12.20 QVB Settings.ini resets periodically.  The QlikView Batch settings.ini file being recreated, overwritten, etc. was identified as a bug in the QlikView November 2017 version track (12.20) - QV-15256.  The fix for this bug was included in QV November 2017 SR8 (12.20.20900) and greater.

See the Release Notes for November 2017 SR8 stating that this bug was resolved.

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!