Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to publish QlikSense report to QlikServer?

I have QlikView desktop and QlikServer. I have published my reports to server and everything is working fine.

I have done few reports with QlikSense and now I'd like to publish them to my QlikServer. I'd like all my Qlik reports to be found in one place. How do I do that or is that even possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlik Sense is a different product then Qlikview. It is not possible to publish Qlik Sense apps to Qlikview Server. Qlikview documents can be published on Qlikview Server. Qlik Sense apps can be published on Qlik Sense Enterprise or Qlik Cloud.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlik Sense is a different product then Qlikview. It is not possible to publish Qlik Sense apps to Qlikview Server. Qlikview documents can be published on Qlikview Server. Qlik Sense apps can be published on Qlik Sense Enterprise or Qlik Cloud.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

yes As gwassenaar, both are different products from Qlik family.

it's not possible to publish qlik sense reports throguh QlikView server,u need Qlik sense server or cloud.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the info, it was just what I was looking for! I think that I'll use cloud.

It's kind of wierd because you can "publish" your QlikView documents to QlikSense as app.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

my reply helped you?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, you can convert your Qlikview document into Qlik Sense apps. But only the data will survive. None of the charts and other user interface objects will be converted.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So, if we want to use qvw files, then we need to drag and drop it to the sense desktop hub.
However, I also have the sense server hub. How do I transfer the app from sense desktop hub to the sense server hub(since using qvw doesn't seem possible in sense server)?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

This help page describes how to import a Qlik Sense app in Qlik Sense Server: Importing apps ‒ Qlik Sense. If you convert a Qlikview .qvw document with Qlik Sense Desktop you get a .qvf file in the same location as the .qvw document. You can import that into Qlik Sense Server. You can also first open the .qvf document with Qlik Sense Desktop and develop it further. When you save the app it will be stored in the Apps folder down in your user folder: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank You! I am getting this error when I try to import any .qvf file.

aa.png

Also, I don't see the log folder to attach the logs here.

bb.png