Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to remove Domain/Name assigning and keep only name?

Hi

We have DMS Authorisation only on our Server.

The Named CAL Users which are present in the Productive Qlikview Server are taking License everytime a Qlikviewuser Logs in on the Accesspoint in different ways based on Domain.

for Example. when I am at office and Login then it is Domain1/User1

If I am login from home from the citrix it is Domain2/User1

Even the user is only one(User1), it takes 2 Licenses in QEMC. It can be seen in System-> Licenses->QlikviewServer->ClientAccessLicenses(CALs)-> Assigned CALs. Anyway to tell Qlikview to take only once based on User?

Thanks in Advance

Sravan

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

To explain a little more, I have Setup the Custom(DMS) Authorisation in System-> Setup->DirectoryServiceConnectors->CustomDirectory->General  and here there is a path called CUSTOM with the users in the Users tab.

Now in the System-> Licenses->QlikviewServer->ClientAccessLicenses(CALs)-> Assigned CALs

I see 3 Users with same user1 but different Domains

They are:

1) CUSTOM/User1

2) Domain1/User1

3) Domain2/User1

So now one user(User1) is taking 3 licenses which is annoying.

I hope that there is someway to set this correct.

Thanks
sravan

Not applicable
Author

Any ideas friends?

lhr
Employee
Employee

you are using the custom user login page in all 3 scenarios?

Not applicable
Author

Yes I am using the custom user login through Accesspoint for all 3 scenarios.

lhr
Employee
Employee

sounds very weird. the user name in the top right corner of the access point matches the different names that gets CALs or is it always CUSTOM\User1?

Not applicable
Author

The user name in the top right corner of the accesspoint is always CUSTOM/user1.

But in System-> Licenses->QlikviewServer->ClientAccessLicenses(CALs)-> Assigned CALs

It shows the

1)  CUSTOM/user1

2)  Domain1/User1

3)  Domain2/User1

I tried to manually remove these users in System-> Licenses->QlikviewServer->ClientAccessLicenses(CALs)-> Assigned CALs and I can delete Domain1/User1 and Domain2/User1 at that spot and it shows the decrease in the

Licenses used. When I try to remove CUSTOM/user1, I have to wait for 24 Hrs to remove it.

I dont know what is happening?

Not applicable
Author

I have noticed a similar issue with the latest patch that we installed for version 10 SR3.  A few weeks ago I was testing using custom and domain logins through Access Point.  My custome accounts were able to login with just the name and everything seemed fine.  Now with the domain always showing up, I can't seem to get the custom account to get logged in even if i do Custom/userid.  I would really like to know how to tackle this issue.  Is it possible to login to access point using the Custom/userid?  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Not applicable
Author

I have noticed a similar issue with the latest patch that we installed for version 10 SR3.  A few weeks ago I was testing using custom and domain logins through Access Point.  My custome accounts were able to login with just the name and everything seemed fine.  Now with the domain always showing up, I can't seem to get the custom account to get logged in even if i do Custom/userid.  I would really like to know how to tackle this issue.  Is it possible to login to access point using the Custom/userid?  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

See the settings in the QEMC->System->QVWS@ServerName->Authentification

1)     Authentification>Always [ this is important, if you wanted to avoid Domain/user ]

2)     Type-> Custom user

3)     Prefix->CUSTOM\

4)     Login address-> Alternate Loginpage(webform)

Do check these things. It solved my problem with the help of Qlikview Expert.

That expert proposed the above settings.

Regards

Sravan