Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manuelj_serrano
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to upgrade QlikView from 11.2 IR to 11.2 SR12

Hi to all,

I want to upgrade my QlikView server from 11.0 IR to 11.2 SR12 but I don´t know how to do it. My server is a Windows 2008 R2 Server with QV 11.2 IR and Publisher. Is there some guide or manual to do this upgrade? Know somebody how to do this upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

9 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It's not clear whether you are talking about 11.0IR or 11.20 IR?

Obtain the correct QlikView Server 11.20SR12 installer (probably the x64 installer), start the installer, answer a few questions and you're done. The update from one release to another within the 11.20 series is very simple and the installer knows very well what to do with your configurations and settings. It will even keep your license, CALL assignments, tasks etc. in good order.

Be sure to read the Release notes before you update your QlikView environment.

Peter

manuelj_serrano
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the error, I want upgrade from 11.2 IR to 11.2 SR12.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just run the installer, you'll see.

If you do not trust the installer first time around, make a backup copy of the entire C:\ProgramData\QlikTech tree on the server. That way you'll be able to roll-back to the original version (on condition that you still have the original installer) in no time.

Is your QlikView environment heavily customized, or do you run a standard installation?

Don't forget to check the Release Notes that come with the installer.

Peter

manuelj_serrano
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Peter,

My qlikview is customized but not much. Only the path of source and user documents and the login page.

What´s happen with the publisher in the upgrade?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm a bit in a conflict over what I should reply to this question... nothing or everything?

In your case, the publisher is part of the QlikView Server software and as such it will get the same update as the other services ("everything"). The licenses and tasks will stay in place. The update will be transparent, so you won't actually notice a difference ("nothing")

Be sure to read the Release Notes before starting the update.

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

BTW did you customize the login page itself? Then you may want to make a backup. The standard distribution files may be overwritten during the update, but not the user configuration files (e.g. everything in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech)

manuelj_serrano
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No, I creted a new login page based in the original but in a new file.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No problem then.

Best,

Peter

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

If you look at the 11.20 SR12 server reference manual section 3 will give you information of upgrading.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.