Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Installing Qlikview Publisher

I have just bought Qlikview Publisher, and I am totally confused by the instructions.

I downloded 8.5 and tried to set up treid to following the instructions, but they don't apply for Windows Server 2008 R2, also I don't use the IIS (I use Qlikview Web service).

So I installed IIS because 8.5 told me too, but all I get is one of two message after I got to http://localhost/ControlPanel/default.aspx

I either get this message

User is not authenticated. Please check in the iis virtual directory for controlpanel that Integrated Windows Security is checked and Anonymous is off.

With anonymous authentication is Enabled or

HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized

You are not authorized to view this page due to invalid authentication headers.

This when I turn anonymous off.

We are using Qlikview version 10.0.8811.6

Can I use publisher without using IIS?

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

No, in QV10 both Server and Publisher have been consolidated into a single installation and console for management.

You only need to enter the publisher serial key, control number and lef in the system>licenses option.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Are you trying to use Publisher 8.5 with QlikView 10? Why are you using 8.5?

Not applicable
Author

OK I think I was getting confused, I thought I needed to install Publisher 8.5 to use it, but I see it's built into Qlikview 10.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

No, in QV10 both Server and Publisher have been consolidated into a single installation and console for management.

You only need to enter the publisher serial key, control number and lef in the system>licenses option.

Not applicable
Author

OK great, I thought I was doing some wrong.