Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it necessary to restart the Qlik sevices now and then for better qmc performance?

Dear All,

Recently, I faced an issue with my task schedulers. The tasksin qmc that regularly update my various applications suddenly started working slowly. It was so slow that a task which was taking 3hrs to complete was suddenly taking 6 hrs. There were no errors also in log files and the only difference  in logs was that  'Reloading' piece now runs for about 6 hrs instead of 3 hrs. This case was similar for all the schedulers.
I did quite a bit of research but couldn't conclude anything significant. Finally, I restarted the qlik services in server and from then on everything was back to normal.What could be the explanation for this?

I would like to know that is it imperative to restart your services after a certain period? Is it necessary to include restarting of services in your regular maintenance activities?

Thanks,

H.Dawar

2 Replies
avinashelite

check this ,hope this answers your question

Restarting QV Server Services | Qlik Community

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Most probably, your QVS service has been eating RAM like candy, up to the Max Working Set Limit. QDS (the distribution service) does the reloads as a set of processes outside of QVS. As a result, QDS may find that most of the machines RAM has been allocated to to QVS and because of too few memory bytes available for doing in-memory reloads will start paging to disk. That's the cause ot the slowdown.

You can either:

• buy more RAM and tune the Working Set limits so that QVS doesn't run off with all of precious memory
  • restart the QVS service before the big reloads are launched (for example at night)

Best,

Peter