Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to restore user customizations from a backup?

Our QlikView server needed to be rebuilt from an older backup, and in the process, all of the user customizations in the individual dashboards were lost. I have a backup of the server hard drive, but I am wondering:

a) is it possible to restore these customizations?

b) if so, what are the files and where should I look?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The data for this is stored in the .share files. If you have backed these files up you will have the information up to the backup time.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The data for this is stored in the .share files. If you have backed these files up you will have the information up to the backup time.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill! I found all of our .SHARED files in Qliktech\QVWDocuments - I'll do some testing, but I'm pretty sure this is the solution.