Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is that possible to Publish Document On Server Even User is using same Document?

Hi Guys,

I have noticed If any user is using a document and same time If you try to publish it, It is failing. There is any way to forcedly Publish a application even users are using it.

If possible How to do this? What setting need to change?

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Today Morning Scheduled Job Failed and gave same error Message. I too thought that someone might have open the file from folder \\ABC\QLIKSHARE\Destination_QVW\Order.qvw but It is not true, because I deleted the Order.qvw from \\ABC\QLIKSHARE\Destination_QVW and It allowed me to delete. There are other applications and those are getting published without any error.

The Scheduled job is running under Service account and I am sure it is having full control and access.

Could you please let me know where should I check this (overwrite=true) setting ?

How else I can investigate it?

Not applicable
Author

This folder is on Network and I am doing both Server as well as Folder Distribution in a single job.

Server distribution is happening but only folder distribution is failing that also only for one application rest 3 are working fine.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Just to update,

I deleted the file Order.qvw from \\ABC\QLIKSHARE\Destination_QVW and then published to this folder and now no error.

So what could be the reason?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Either something had a lock on the file or something was wrong with the permissions.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.