Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gino_scheppers
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is there a way to prevent distribution to 'All users' & ' All Authenticated users'

Hi,

In our company, distributing dashboards is delegated to users in an end-user-community cell. In other words lots of people are responsible for setting-up a task and to distribute there dashboards.

Is there a way to prevent document administrators to send (by chance) there dashboard to 'All Users' or 'All Authenthenticated users. And even beter, is there a way to discard both options in the list-box !!

QV_DISTRIBUTIONO.png

Regards,

Gino Scheppers

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Gino,

There is no way to this in QMC today.

Regards,

Magnus

gino_scheppers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, Magnus,

Thanks for the fast response. Oké, then I'll scan on a frequent basis the .qvw permissions. And react when it's necessary.

Regards,

Gino

Not applicable

Unfortunately I think that's what you need to do.

Just had an idea:

You know about the audit log for QMC? Enabling this will then log any changes to the QVPR (incl. changes to task distributions). Maybe you will find it easier to monitor these logs rather than checking in QMC.

Not applicable

I would like to select Named User and then add user or user group for further restriction

gino_scheppers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Weidong,

Works as design, just click on the people icon. To further restriction on user or user group.

Regards.

Gino

gino_scheppers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check the audit log.

In the meantime I'm also experimenting with some java-code. A good starting point is

https://www.packtpub.com/books/content/java-7-managing-files-and-directories

Scanning files with principal name 'USERS' and 'AUTHENTICADED USERS' is the solution I suppose.

And monitoring the content-folder can be done with some java-code found in the open source library:

Commons IO 2.4 API

A good example can be found here:

http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2014/10/apache-commons-io-tutorial.html

Oké, lots of information to start with.

To be continued

Regards,

Gino

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gino

Take a look at Rob Wunderlich's QVPR Analysis dashboard.

It allows you to quickly analyse distribution tasks that have All Users or All Authenticated Users set.