Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue in Using NTNAME in Section Access and reloading the application using Publisher.

Hi All,

I have applied the section Access based on NTNAME in my application. When I am scheduling the application for reload using publisher , the reload of the application is Failed.

But I implement the Section Access based on the USERID and PASSWORD and specify the USERID and PASSWORD while scheduling a task under Reload its working fine .

I want to implement the section access based on NTNAME and reload the application using the Publisher.. Can any one guide me what more I have to consider in the section access to achive this .

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jldengra
Creator
Creator

Thank you, Robert.

We finally found it is a problem related to distribution in Publisher, which fails when applying some kind of permissions associated to the interface objects while other permissions are properly applied to limit the data. Since we did not find a way to make Publisher distribute correctly these permissions, our solution has been to only reload in Publisher and perform the distribution by a second QV application step that copy the reloaded document from the source directory to the publishing one. This issue only occured in that document, for the rest of our documents, Publisher distributes well.

View solution in original post

33 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Chakravararthy,

You should include the NTNAME that is running the Distribution Service, so the reload pulls all records and can distribute correctly. Set the ACCESS to that NTNAME account to ADMIN and leave blank the reduction field, if any.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Miguel. I have concatenated the NTNAME of the distribution Service as shown below .Its working fine now . Just I want to know, Is there any issue in doing like this . Please suggest.

LOAD [USERID] as NTNAME,
[ACCESS]
FROM

(qvd);
concatenate
Load * inline [
NTNAME,ACCESS
QlikViewtst,ADMIN,
];

section application;
LOAD
EMPID as NTNAME,
DEPARTMENT
FROM
[$(Path)\Users.QVD]
(qvd);

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

There's no problem creating the Section Access from two different sources, provided they have the same fields and the information comes consequently (uppercase in both sources and so).

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel,

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did anyone use publisher to reload and distribute?

I built something similar, and when i reload and distribute by publisher, the access works, i have the correct reduction, but the NTNAME appear to be the service account name which is used by the distribution service.

Is this a bug or section access doc should not use publisher to do reload and distribution?

Thanks.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi nicksatch,

I don't understand your issue. The service account is used to do the reload and distribution of the document.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

HI Bill,

Yes, it's due to that, after the doc is distributed, in the NTFS, i have the following....

- the service account

- Authenticated Users

- System

but if i open the doc in desktop, the reduction works, the NTNAME is showing only my NT ID

but if i open from access point, sometimes the reduction works sometimes doesnt, and the NT name is always the service acct id.

Some advice i have was to create another qvw and schedule it to run to execute a copy command to move the doc to access point folder.

so, before doing that, i just want to find out if this is a bug or something else?

Thanks.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would think you have an error in the way you have section access setup. I have not seen any bugs dealing with what you are seeing. The serivce account has to be setup as Admin in section access and it should have rights to all the data.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

if there's a problem, i'd expect it wont work when i open in desktop.

Problem occur after the reload & distribution, so that narrow down to the publisher.

I think it's due to that we use Publisher, the service account is setup for Distribution.exe, so naturally the service account is used by publisher to reload and distribute, and therefore, we see only the service account name in NTNAME and the reduction works according to what is assigne to service account.

meaning to say, when you have a section access, we are not suppose to use the publisher to reload and distribute?

If this is not the case, do you have a reference doc on how i can setup the distribution for a section access doc?

by the way, the above explanation was given to me by a consultant, but i thought i can also check with the public.

Thanks for any comments or feedbacks.