Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.
We are experiencing an issue with Publisher+PDF distribution. Few weeks ago Publisher began behave in unexpected way - during distribution with “Loop and Reduce” stopped to select values from that loop field. In result only one set of data is created where should be as many sets as number of values in loop field. Consequence is that distribution sends all data to all recipients. There are no performance issues, there is no PDF printer problem. There are no errors in tasks.
Support is helpless. Did anyone experienced the same?
What are the distribution logs showing, can you attach a log for viewing?
No changes was made on tasks or file. After restarting qv services for while everything is ok but after about 24 hours issue apears again. It become to apear on other task on other documents. I had to disable all tasks and now I setup three distributions with different configuration (pdf, qvw) to my email address for testing. So for a while there was only few distributions to AccessPoint and three test task distribuiton to me. So there is no way that amount of distributions had some influence.
In distribuiton log you can see clear that when the issue apear publidher doesn't make a selection on a Loop field.
I would attach a log file but I don't know how How can I attach a file here?
I experienced similiar issue at one of the clients a while back. They were running QV 11 IR if I remember correctly and we upgraded to the SR and the issue was resolved.
Also did you try recreating the task?
The history of the problem is long because first time when it occured it was in 2011 on QV9, two years ago this client, where the problem exists, had some performance issues as well, so they decided to buy new server machine, because support recomended that and support was helpless like today in solving problem.
After setting up new environment everything was ok till now. It occured on QV11 SR2 about a month ago, I upgraded to QV11.2 sr2 and still the same.
We have had this issue several times both in qv 10 and qv 11SR2.
I noticed that it will always happen if there are files on the accesspoint with the same name but in a different folder. All files on the accesspoint therefore need to have unique file names.
Unfortunately it has also happened to us even though i have made sure no duplicate files exist. To fix that problem i had to create a new accesspoint directory in place of the old one and rename the old one (for backup purposes).
After that the loop and reduce worked once again.