Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loop and Reduce and Distribute to Different Folder

Hi Folks, I have a requirement to reduce the document on one field and each new user document distribute to respective folder.

I created the task on the publisher and selected the Loop & reduce on the field. I create the new document on my field but I need to distribute the documents different server folders ? 

I believe, we can using batch file, but I need to do on the Qlikview publisher on the same task

Any thoughts.

Thanks in Advance ....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I created the new fields on the data model and created different tasks to distribute the files into different folders...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You cannot achieve this via publisher.

Publisher will distribute to other single folder, but it will not distribute loop and reduced content to different folders.

Regards

ASHFAQ

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Create multiple tasks.

Not applicable
Author

I created the new fields on the data model and created different tasks to distribute the files into different folders...

Not applicable
Author

There is a way to get this working by using only one Task.

- Manage the Foldernames as a DocumentField in the Data Model

- Reduce by Field Foldername with a Publisher Task. Reduced Document Name is something like :

%DocumentField,Foldername%\%SourceDocumentName% %DocumentField,Foldername%

- Distribute PDF or qvw  to a Folder that contains all Foldernames of the DocumentField as subfolders

That is all.

Regards