Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pho3nix90
Creator II
Creator II

Lost connection to server after reload

Hi,

Our setup is as follows:

2 Qlikview webservers on seperate VM's

1 Qlikview Publisher on Physical

1 Qlikview Server on Physical.

The issue is after a reload has been done the user receives "Lost connection to server" message on the access point.

Also, "Allow Only One Copy of Document in Memory" has also been enabled. However this is a requirement to not let a user work on an old version of the data. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't think there is a tool or bulk change feature in QlikView. I guess it will be a matter of opening every single QVW document and selecting a different reload/display policy. You can however start with the most critical documents or those that have the most users complaining about disconnections. And there will also be some documents where the problem doesn't exist or a fix isn't that urgent. For those you can simply instruct the developers to set things straight and include the change in the next regular release.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In your Document open Settings->Document properties->Server->Refresh Mode when Document is Updated on Server. what did you select?

pho3nix90
Creator II
Creator II
Author

They are all on default. Which is probably "Client initiates refresh, if old data kept in server or client too old, session will be disconnected. "

I have 200+ qvws, is there a fast way of changing everything? Or is it a matter of opening each one and making the changes?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't think there is a tool or bulk change feature in QlikView. I guess it will be a matter of opening every single QVW document and selecting a different reload/display policy. You can however start with the most critical documents or those that have the most users complaining about disconnections. And there will also be some documents where the problem doesn't exist or a fix isn't that urgent. For those you can simply instruct the developers to set things straight and include the change in the next regular release.

Best,

Peter