Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Making a PDF report available for non-licensed employees

Hi all,

I've been tasked to make a QV report available for our office employees. We have 10 licenses, but about 60 employees who must be able to check the report. The report can be a simple PDF document. My thought was to create a task reloading the report with new data, and distribute the report as a PDF-report from source document. This document is to be placed at a predefined folder. But I'm not able to select a folder when it's a PDF-report from source document. Only when it's a QV document. How can I get this PDF report available for our employees? The manual isn't very helpful on this one.

Note that any other brilliant idea's on how to make a document available to 60 employees is more then welcome. Unfortunately, buying 50 additional licenses does not seem to be an option.

Roy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The PDF feature in V9 only supports distributing to email. If that will work for you then distribute via email. I have heard the V10 will allow PDF distribution to folder, but I don't know that that will be in the final product.

If you need the folder solution now, a possible workaround is to email to a special mailbox and have a mail rule or agent detach the received file to a folder.

-Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

What We are following is ..........

Suppose I have 60 chart in one application , We are creating images of chart and XLS of table and auto mail to all user.

All activity are automated.

This is one option you can follow.

Regards

Sunil Jain.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the input.

As we don't want to spam our own employees, auto mail is not an option. The document will be made available on our intranet, so the employees can check themselves.

As for the option to to create images of the chart and XLS of tables, can that be automated? The whole point of this exercise is to reduce manual labour. As you can see from the number of my forum points, I'm not too familiar with all QV options yet Embarrassed

Roy

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The PDF feature in V9 only supports distributing to email. If that will work for you then distribute via email. I have heard the V10 will allow PDF distribution to folder, but I don't know that that will be in the final product.

If you need the folder solution now, a possible workaround is to email to a special mailbox and have a mail rule or agent detach the received file to a folder.

-Rob

suniljain
Master
Master

to Create Images of chart and XLS of table is automated process . There is no manual intevention. So it totally reduce manual effort.

Not applicable
Author

I should have posted this question earlier. It would have saved me some headaches.

@Rob. Thanks for clearing out that V9 does not support the PDF to folder distribution. Your email + rule suggestion is quite helpful, and I'll seriously consider this.

@Sunil. I'll check the manual for automated process to Create Images of chart and XLS. This could be a handy feature to use, if the system engineer doesn't allow me to use an additional email address. I'll need to check.

@Both: Thanks for your replies.

Greetings Roy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

It seems I was to quick accept, when I should have checked and tested further. The automated process of creating images and xls files you refer to, is this via a trigger on PostReload? Or is this done via a macro? If so, do you have that (probably basic) script for me?

I tried using a trigger, export (to file) on post reload, but that can only be executed on tables, not on objects.

King regards

Roy