cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

Migrate Standalone Publisher Server

Currently our Publisher server is running as a standalone server. If we want to migrate it to a new server (hardware upgrade), what is the procedure? The other servers (QMC, QVS, etc) will remain unchanged. Software version remain as well. The only difference is the hardware for the Publisher server. (with fresh OS)

Labels (1)
2 Replies
RDBurmon
Contributor II
Contributor II

You need to take backup of publisher files

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Also for safer side . take screen shot of each QMC section. {Open QMC and take screen shot of each page and each section of every page}

then run the Qlikview Publisher setup 

Then place all the files back to the respective folder. You may need to apply the license again

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This one is quite easy actually, you can simply install on the new server and in the QMC of the existing environment, just switch the service address on the QMC\System\Setup\QDS resource\General tab to point to the new server.  The only catch is for this to work, you need to have all the source docs etc. in the exact same locations, but if those are on a SAN/network storage and you use UNC paths, that should be good.  The only thing you may need to do is recreate the QDS Application Data folder, as I am not sure if you may run into a problem trying to use the old info on the new server.  The QDS gets its info from the QMS etc., so it will rebuild everything, but the source docs have to be available etc...  Shout if you have further questions, but hopefully this helps if you have not done things yet.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.