Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Migrating tasks to a different folder

Hi Everyone,

I'm moving my qvw's and tasks from a folder on a drive to a folder on a shared drive (d:\documents to \\fileshare\documents)

I'm able to move the folder structure over easily from one folder to the other but the tasks do not migrate with them (I know the tasks are stored in the QVPR repository.)

Looked around on the community but the help I found mostly has to do with migrating the QVPR from one server to another server.

Is there a way to copy the tasks (we have about 500+) from the original folder to the new folder?

The current way I found so far would be to copy and paste the tasks one by one in the management console under the documents tab.

Thanks

Mike

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Did you manage to find a solution? I also need to re-organize my QVWs in the server, so I need to change the task as well. Hope there is a way to do it in batch instead of re-creating all the tasks (or copying one by one).

Not applicable
Author

I contacted Qlik and they gave me a solution but I have not had the time to try it.

This is the solution provided:

1. 1.) Stop QDS service

2.) Copy the %ProgramData%\QlikTech\DistributionService directory to the location he wishes to change the Application Data Folder to

3.) Edit the Application Data Folder path in QMC > System > Setup > Distribution Service > QDS > General tab

4.) Start QDS service
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply. Based on the solution provided, it seems it is more to moving the task from one server to another and not re-pointing the task to the new QVW location.