Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Model daily reload failure

Hi

We are having issues with the daily refresh of our Qlikview models. Currently we are using a batch file to refresh all of our models. On random days the batch won’t complete executing. Some models will get refreshed and the QV.exe will hang trying to refresh a model but nothing happens. When I end the QV.exe process the rest of the models get refreshed. Then I refresh the problem model and it refreshes perfectly. This failure happens randomly about once a week to any model. Is this a known issue?

We are currently using Qlikview 11.2. The batch file worked perfectly in our previous version of Qlikview (8.5) and we never experienced this problem.

The reason we are using a batch file to do the reloads is because it allows us to kick off the batch file on completion of our SQL ETL jobs. We looked into using the Management Console to reload our models but it seems you have to use a fixed time to kick
off the schedule.

Regards

Viven

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Viven,

Usually batch do not work all the time, this is the known issue with windows task scheduler.

I would suggest you to schedule your application via QEMC.

Whereas completion of your SQL ETL jobs is concerned.

You can use External even trigger or EDX to reload your qlikvie application after ETL load.

Hope it helped.

Regards

ASHFAQ

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

To schedule task after ETL completes.

Look at the below posts.

http://community.qlik.com/message/464501#464501

http://community.qlik.com/message/494538#494538

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq

Thanks for your response. We do not have publisher. Will this still work?

I've been looking at the above links you posted and honestly I cannot make head or tail of it. Is there a simple way to kick off our model reload once our SQL jobs have completed running.

Regards

Viven

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

EDX works without Publisher even

I don't think there is another way then mentioned in above post.

Regards

ASHFAQ