Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

Multiple, Repeated QDS Failures

We recently updated our environment from a single QlikView 11.2 server to a QlikView 12 cluster (two QVS, two QDS running on two servers). When we did this, we also went from using local storage on the single server to a network share. We did this in both our test and production environments.

Our test environment (without Publisher) seems to be working perfectly; I have reload tasks that run hourly there with no fuss. However, on our production environment, we are getting sporadic task failures that usually happen overnight or early in the morning and, since upgrading to SR4, the failures seem to have increased. Additionally, sometimes we'll get an email notifying us of the failure and, other times we won't (logs reflect that an SMTP server could not be found).

Here's a snippet of the log of my most recent failure where an email was NOT sent. 9/10 errors all include the same exact failure:

(2016-07-29 07:09:09) Error: The task "Staging EZView_XXX Acronym Staging Reduction" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributeToResourcesFailedException: Distribute to resource failed. ---> System.Exception: GetRandomizedList exception ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. || at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, Dictionary`2 offeredDistributionList, String fullNtfsPathToFile, UnifiedHubSettings unifiedHubSettings) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, Dictionary`2 offeredDistributionList, String fullNtfsPathToFile, UnifiedHubSettings unifiedHubSettings) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) || at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

(2016-07-29 07:09:09) Information: Task Execute Duration=00:07:26.8299249

(2016-07-29 07:09:09) Information: Sending Alert mail

(2016-07-29 07:09:09) Warning: No SMTP Server found

I'm banging my head on this one... Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

HI @santonien,

This particular thread is almost six years old and the QlikView versions discussed in it are now many years out of support. So suggest that you start a new Community post and provide a detailed problem description along with the full build version (e.g. 12.60.20200) and any errors from the Publisher task log. Thanks!

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Smith ,

Could you please post both the server and QMC log which help us to dig more on the reported .

Regards,

Suhas.H

santonien
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I just face the same issue in last couple of days. did you figure out the solution?

I changed to "distribution to folder" instead of "distribution to Qlikview Server" and it works,

but would like to understand the issue and fix the root cause.

Thank you,

S

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

HI @santonien,

This particular thread is almost six years old and the QlikView versions discussed in it are now many years out of support. So suggest that you start a new Community post and provide a detailed problem description along with the full build version (e.g. 12.60.20200) and any errors from the Publisher task log. Thanks!

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!